Monday, May 4, 2009

B.O.B. Sighting


It has been a while since B.O.B., excuse me, Bobby Ray has been on the hip-hop scene. He dropped a few really good mixtapes in 08 but then disappeared for a while, only to emerge a bit weirder and playing a different type of music. Putting together his own band, Ray can be found playing guitar and singing like a rock star. Although Bobby Ray is still involved in the hip-hop scene (he was recently featured on Willy Northpole's excellent "Hood Dreamin'"), Ray has me a bit worried. There is no doubt he is talented in more genres than just hip-hop but, the kid can really spit and I was excited for his debut album, whenever the hell that is supposed to come out. If he is taking his music in a different direction, than fine, but I truly hop hip-hop is his main goal and that his CD is completely different than what I hoped it would be. Here are two videos that my buddy Max Sgro took during B.O.B.'s recent visit to Connecticut College (I know, who goes to that school right?) and you can really see the style change I am talking about in the second video. "Generation Lost" sounds amazing with live instruments though, stick to that Bobby! Thanks Sgro.





No response to “B.O.B. Sighting”

Leave a Reply