Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Verse of the Day is BACK


One of the features I like about our blog is the verse of the day, a verse selected to show off an artist's prowess in lyricism. However, we haven't put one up in quite a while, so here is a nice verse from J. Cole off of The Warm Up. (If you still haven't gotten that, do so now)

From the track "Grown Simba"

"Pardon the Interruption
A proper introduction is necessary when your shit is lengendary, man
Greedy brothers wouldn't let me in the cafeterian
Cuz they ain't believe/suddenly they presbetarian
The hoes is librarians/they lookin me up
She got a jones like marion/she lickin me up
Then we cut, look how she say my name
I got her moanin j. cole/ they used to say jermaine
Inever change, im like a corpse in a coffin, 6 feet/shits deep
I was low, just a dollar and some hope/fix me
Cuz I was broke plus the weed that I would smoke would make me worser
Lord please let my problems disappear like Ron Mercer
I'm a star, converses/ conversin with them girls with the curves like cursive
They open like curtains cuz my shit is unheard of like curses on the radio
Same bitches used to play me though/now they yellin where you goin?"

Hard to top that....

No response to “Verse of the Day is BACK”

Leave a Reply