Friday, July 31, 2009

Eminem....Are you back?

I have to comment on Tony's post about the new Eminem track, "The Warning" where he goes so so so so so hard at Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. I came home last night, checked out Nah Right, and saw that Slim Shady himself had put out a diss track against, of all people, Mariah Carey. As Tony said, this whole thing started when Em made a pretty pathetic song calling out Nick Cannon and Carey on Relpase. I remember asking myself at the time, why would Em go back to a relationship he had about four years ago? Does he have beef with Nick Cannon? I thought it was a feeble attempt to push himself back in to the spotlight with some dumb song about two people who one might call D-List celebrities. But it has turned out to be the best thing in the world. I do not like Relapse. Aside from a few tracks, I really felt like Em had lost his touch. From trying to be way to vulgar to just not being able to put rhymes together like he used to, I felt Em was clinging on to an old formula that was not working anymore. But my God, he destroys this track. No, let me get this right, he absolutely devours this track. I put this on last night, and my jaw dropped. Instead of another childish attempt by Em to randomly diss someone, he goes back to his Marshall Mathers LP days and KILLS Carey and Cannon. No weird accent on his voice, no dumb fart jokes in his rhymes. This is the old Eminem that I loved, and the Eminem that I hoped would show up on Relapse. If Relapse 2 is anything like this track, I will take back my previous statement that Eminem is done. It may have been just one song, but Em still has it.

No response to “Eminem....Are you back?”

Leave a Reply