Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hot Verse Of The Day




Yesterday, I mentioned Wale and Curren$y's joint off of Wale's upcoming mixtape, "Back to the Feature," dropping April 29th. The song is called "Word Play", and you will understand why after reading Wale's verse. I do not have the official lyrics so this is going by what I hear, I will try my best to get the lines right.

Wale
"While dudes pitch verbs, or so they say
My weaponry is words, Doe Rae Me
The war's in the form of poetry
So it's straight C-4 from the thoughts I bring
Bang! Epiphany, them dudes is gimmicks to me
I can eradicate a village if you give me a beat
I'm that bomb when I hand-wright
Play me for a stepping stone, then, I land mine
Now walk to it with your land mine
I can make the clouds jealous dude I am that fly
Listen to the words I'm a wizard with it, wittier than any dude, sicker than a Wino kidney liver
Y'all riddles don't tickle a bit, y'all similes is literal, shit
Though I am the metaphor of that, my rhetoric ain't edible, the excrement means excellent rap
I make the lesser adapt"

Wale always brings the fire!

No response to “Hot Verse Of The Day”

Leave a Reply