Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jordan's Morning Thoughts


Good morning...it is raining again in Missouri so I decided it is time to blog! Here are my thoughts on hip hop this morning.

-Watch out for Brother Ali and his new EP The Truth Is Here. I was watching MTVU early last year and a music video with this albino guy rapping, and it sounded sick. So I bought his last cd, "The Undisputed Truth" and was hooked. This guy holds the underground down, and, as it usually is with underground guys, could kill all the "mainstream" rappers out right now. If you want good music, pick up that EP.

-I think that G-Unit may be the most irrelevant group out right now. 50 Cent fell off in my opinion after his first CD and now has to do some sort of publicity stunt every time he has an album about to drop (i.e. saying he would stop rapping if he sold less than Kanye before Curtis came out, now beefing with Rick Ross for Before I Self Destruct), now this morning Lloyd Banks had a song up on HipHopDX that was extremely mediocre. He just fits in with all those mediocre rappers like Young Joc, etc. It would be too soon if I never heard anything from this group again.

-It seems to me like Twitter has become the new Facebook for musicians, especially hip hop artists. I can't tell you how many artists I love are on there, tweeting (man I feel lame saying that) about what they are doing that day and asking other artists to come record with them. It lets you in to the life of a rapper just a tiny bit, and I think that is pretty cool. Don't hate on Twitter.

-I think that without the Roots as his house band the Jimmy Fallon Show would be truly awful. I don't think Fallon's comedy is funny in the least bit, but I watch the show so I can watch the Roots rip it for whatever artist comes on. Ludacris backed by the Roots was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I maintain that The Roots could play any type of music, be it jazz or rock and roll or hip hop, and still be extremely successful. They are amazingly talented.

-I am feeling "The Sky Might Fall' by Kid Cudi. Being from Cleveland, I have a lot of pride seeing this kid blow up like he is. I know if I ever blew up I would mention Cleveland as much as I could, and he does just that, and I appreciate it. I like people who have a lot of pride for their city like I do. How perfect is that song for that Transformers 2 teaser, by the way? Can't wait for the album and the movie, good work Cudi.

No response to “Jordan's Morning Thoughts”

Leave a Reply