Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quest - Broken Headphones Mixtape



Alright, so last week I came across this mixtape Broken Headphones by dude named Quest. What intrigued me most is that it said it was presented by HipHopDX and 2DopeBoyz, two hiphop blogs that I frequent every day. Plus the artwork looked pretty nice and well put together, not like one of those stupid Gucci Mane covers with 5 cars, diamonds, alcohol and half naked women on the front. Anyways, I decided to download it and check it out even though I had never heard of him. I figured it had to be good if both of these legit websites were supporting him right? Well I have done about 4-5 listens all the way through the tape, and I was pretty happy with what I heard. The guy doesn't have unbelievable wittiness in his punchlines or incredible similies, but he lays out whats on his mind, and it works great with the selected beats. His flow is smooth and the writing is well put together. His voice also really reminds me of Lupe Fiasco's so that's a plus too since I love Lupe's voice. He talks a lot about his relationships with the women he has dealt with throughout his life, and just talks his experiences, no bullshit. I think its well worth the download.


DOWNLOAD: Quest - Broken Headphones

Thanks to 2dopeboyz and HipHopDX for puttin this together. There's also a really nice article about him here: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/dxnext/id.122/title.quest

TM

No response to “Quest - Broken Headphones Mixtape”

Leave a Reply