Thursday, April 2, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Big Sean


Props to http://www.heartandsolesneakers.com, my dudes from the Heights, for allowing me to stumble across this video. The man's name is Big Sean and his wordplay is quite ridiculous. Recently signed by Kanye West and hailing from the Mo Town, Sean just dropped "Finally Famous The Mixtape," produced by Cleveland's very own Mick Boogie. The kid can flat out spit, and while his lyrics don't address much more than being the shit and trying to make it (I am sure he will improve with time), his similes and metaphors are some of the most creative I have ever heard. Peep this video of Big Sean rapping for Kanye West and Common at the recent South By Southwest concert series.
"So fuck a boyfriend and whatever they on, if they trying to collide you can call me State Farm/Made for the head-on, got your bitch logging on/Cause I'm all over the web like I got eight arms."-Whaaaaat? Haha check out the video and download that mixtape!

No response to “Artist Spotlight: Big Sean”

Leave a Reply