Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Love Supreme



As I was searching through the blogosphere earlier this week, I came across an intriguing post on nahright.com. The post featured the California hip-hop duo U-N-I and their free CD they had just released. Calling it one of the most anticipated hip-hop albums of the year, I of course had to pick it up. Now, I was not very familiar with U-N-I, one of the major reasons being that I reside on the east side while U-N-I chills on that left coast. Their music had not traveled the thousands of miles cross country to my ears. Really the only California rappers I listen to are The Game and Blu. I decided I needed some geographical diversity in my music and downloaded their CD entitled "A Love Supreme." I was pleasantly surprised with what I heard. Their sound is very different, with heavy synthesizer-type beats on most of their songs. Some of the beats became a bit repetitive to me, but that was the only downside to the album. "Halftime" is one of the coolest songs I have ever heard, with U-N-I spitting over an extremely eerie piano riff. "Pulp Fiction Part 1" finds the group taking their audience through a story of drug deals and everyday life. Anyway, this album is definitely worth picking up, especially when it is free. You can download it here: http://www.yothurz.com

No response to “A Love Supreme”

Leave a Reply