Friday, April 3, 2009

I present to you Cory Gunz. I first heard of this kid when my blogging partner Jordan bought the "upcoming freshman" copy of XXL Magazine. Though he didn't really give him a second look, I went and downloaded one of his mixtapes entitled "The Apprentice Mixtape." This tape, to be honest, has alot of material that sounds sorta similar. He has a beat and raps with a quick flow that is sometimes just mediocre. Also there are a ton of skits in this 30+ track mixtape. However, there are definitely some flashes of genius by this kid. He can put out some lyrical fire if he wants to, and he shows that in a recent video entitled Bad Freestlye Pt. 2. Take a look and listen for yourself courtesy of Nahright.com.


Corey Gunz -BAD FREESTYLE (PT2) 2009 from Radio Planet on Vimeo.



I like this kid the more I see him and hope to hear some more hot lines from him soon.

No response to “ ”

Leave a Reply