Sunday, April 26, 2009

Little 5 Weekend



Okay, after a slight absence from the blog, I'm back and will try to post some things more often. I have been slackin a bit, I know. Only a few hours ago, I returned from a trip to Little 500, the greatest college party weekend in the entire world. How does a bike race turn into such a huge deal? I have no idea. What I do know is that, at any point in time when I was there, I could turn in 4 different directions and I would be garaunteed to see either a beer bong, a 40 oz. beer, outdoor beer pong, or large packs of women everywhere I looked. I know this has nothing to do with music, so I'll get into it.

One of the main attractions that is now a huge part of Little 5 is the music that comes throughout the week. Unfortunately I have not gotten to attend any of the concerts yet, but I will tell you what I have heard. Last year, DMX was the talk of the town. After getting out of the cell, DMX appeared at little 5. Almost as soon as he got on stage, he started passing around a bottle of alcohol to the crowd, and after 1 song got shut down and taken off stage...Way to be X. This year there were a variety of hip-hop artists in Bloomington. The first being my boy Wale. Unfortunately it was at a 21+ bar/club, so my buddy couldn't go, but did manage to steal me a poster! From what I heard, he got a good response, which is always good to hear. The artist drew the biggest crowd of them all: Chris Bridges aka Ludacris. I was supposed to see him, because the place where I stayed was right across the street from the concert, but I ended up missing it. Regardless, everybody I talked to said the show was amazing. He played some of his new stuff in addition to some of his older stuff including "Whats your Fantasy?" He also brought up fellow DTP crew member Shawnna on stage to spit some on her own and to perform "Gettin' Some." (If you want to see a clip of his performance check out this clip: Ludacris Little 500. The other artists that graced IU with their presence were Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy. I didn't really talk to anybody that went to Jeezy, but I did run across some Soulja gay concert goers. It made me happy when EVERY SINGLE person that saw him, just went on a rant about how shitty his performance was. Apparently he would stop his songs and try to have a conversation in the middle of the appx. 5 songs that he did. I had three words for them: "Told you so." Anyways, its good to hear that people saw what a joke he is in person. Maybe that's what it will take for people to realize the truth about Soulja Boy.

Now that I'm done telling you about my weekend, let me show you a couple songs that I think are worth givin a listen:


Eminem - 3 A.M.
-Another song released of his upcoming album Relapse. Its not bad, but I wish he'd stop using this voice. Its kinda starting to annoy me

Royce Da 5'9" feat. Kid Vishis - Hottest in the Hood Freestyle
- The first song released off of Royce's Bar Exam 3....by now you should know how sick Royce is, so check him out goin over a nasty Slaughterhouse beat.

Tech N9ne feat. Krayzie Bone and K-Bean - Midwest Choppers
-pretty ridiculous flow in this song...Sickology 101 comes out April 28th...actually pretty pumped

Raekwon feat. The Game - Flash Back Memories
- real smooth track

Kanye West, Common, John Legend & Malik Yusef - Magic Man
- So glad Kanye is back to rappin and off that autotune bs

Crooked I - Slaughterhouse is a Big Deal
-Will this dude ever make a bad track?

Chubb Rock feat. Wordsmith - Another Party Joint
-The more I listen to Wordsmith, the more I like him


Alright, so those are some of the songs that I have been checkin out in the past week or so, check em out, lemme know what you think of my picks. Until next time...PEACE

TM

No response to “Little 5 Weekend”

Leave a Reply